Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thursday Entry 9

Did anyone critique your work this week? If so, what were their impressions?
I had an informal discussion on sunday night. It was suggested that i consider what to do with my sound more. Perhaps juxtaposing the mechanical movements of the girls with an organic sound.
I had a crit in DC on monday sort of. It was informative in a different way than a studio crit. The one thing that rings most in my head is that i should develop a narrative.
I had another crit-ish thing today. I was told to perhaps consider combining my controlled settings with my location shots.
Tomorrow i have another crit. Then another on monday. Then another on tuesday.

****(Edit: for my crit with Amy Hauft, see "Crit Notes (A.H.)")****

What was the most motivational or creative moment of the past week?
I felt energized when i did a studio shoot this weekend. Im more excited about that than the location shooting.

What do you want to achieve in next week's studio practice?
I need to edit more and choose (before tuesday) one or two things to show in crit. Currently, i have about 50. Seriously.

What did you achieve in your studio this past week?
Experimental editing. Researched editing techniques and Martin Arnold. Kevin Everson's class is extremely informative. I shot a video for vitello ( totally different project). Im mainly in editing mode right now. Id like to go back in and tweak even more and have two solid pieces to show on tuesday.

What has been an artistic failure this week?
I had a great week. My failure is not being able to choose which direction to go in. Im finally at a place where ideas are flowing at a constant rate.

What was the most profound thought in relation to your practice this week?
"step it up"

If there was a visiting artist this week, what is your impression of their work and process in relation to your own?
----nada----





power in editing.

No comments: