Did anyone critique your work this week? If so, what were their impressions?
Today in our meeting, Paul gave me some suggestions regarding my white seamless stripper shoe piece. I think this one may be the one worth pursuing. Im uploading a few videos currently. I have a one-on-one with sonali tomorrow and a crit with Amy Hauft next thursday.
Im getting mixed feelings with the idea of the model standing still and then taking off the stripper shoes, or the edited loop of her taking them off and then the footage reversing so that shes putting them back on. I need more feedback.
What was the most motivational or creative moment of the past week?
I got some positive feedback from someone ive never even met. Ill hopefully get to connect with him on sunday. It was refreshing more than it was motivational because nothing super profound was said. Im booking some models to stand for my stripper shoe video(s).
What do you want to achieve in next week's studio practice?
3-4 models including myself doing a re-shoot. Also, depending on what sonali suggests, I may also be doing something totally different.
1. reshoot 3-4 stripper shoe models.
2. do what sonali says
3. post on craigslist/facebook/my cell phone for models.
4. get feedback from sonali regrading the shit im uploading tonight.
What did you achieve in your studio this past week?
I shot a few minutes of footage, edited a lot, and made some fun edits of me and Grrr being hams. I thought about the stripper shoe piece and wrote about it even more. I thought that pursuing that direction was just all in my head. Now ive gotten more feedback. Good thing.
What has been an artistic failure this week?
Not shooting enough good footage.
What was the most profound thought in relation to your practice this week?
None this week. Wait. No. I changed my mind. This was my profound thought:
Damn. SOMEONE has something nice to say about my work. Sweet.
If there was a visiting artist this week, what is your impression of their work and process in relation to your own?
noooooooooooooooooooooo.
The video i posted is a portrait of me and arianna (who went to lunch with simen last week) as two british babies.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment