Monday, January 26, 2009

Questionaire Responces

I posted the following questions on Craigslist, to be answered by women only:

Age:
Job/Career Title:

1. Think about the term "sexy". What does "sexy" mean to YOU?
2. What characteristics would a woman have to possess in order to be powerful, according to you?
_______________________________________

I limited it to women only because i feel that if we take a moment and look around at the planet, its clear what men think. I wanted a female perspective. Here are my responces to be updated as they come in:


RESPONSE 1
Male response
Age:33
Job/Career Title: IT Professional

1. Think about the term "sexy". What does "sexy" mean to YOU?

I think nice finger nails are sexy. I think hearing a person speak correctly and confidently is sexy. I think a woman in nice fitted business pants or skirt is sexy. I think nice teeth are sexy. I think taking care of business and handling responsibilities is sexy. I think boy shorts are sexy. I think a woman having a drink alone is sexy. Pregnancy is sexy. There is plenty more.....


2. What characteristics would a woman have to possess in order to be powerful, according to you?

Self-Confidence coupled with Femininity.
BTW, the questionnaire is sexy...
Can you tell me about you?

(There was also a photo attached for my viewing pleasure)

_____________________________________________________________

RESPONSE 2
Female responce
Age: 28
Job/Career Title: Unemployed/Perspective Student
Previous jobs include clerical, serving, customer service, CAD drafter.

1. Think about the term "sexy". What does "sexy" mean to YOU?

Sexy is both a physical attribute and an attitude. The physical attribute is most apparent but there is a fine line that may extend to vulgar. Vulgarity, to me, is when you have something disporportionally large or small. A woman's figure, regardless of body type, is sexy when they're porportional and vulgar when there's an excessiveness, such as an enlargement that's 3 times or more larger than what the body type may deem porportional, like a breast augmentation. The attitude is subject to individual taste and opinion, but anyone may appear sexy by demeanor. Example; Sean Connary, although up in age, is very distinguished and projects a sexy demeanor making him sexy.

2. What characteristics would a woman have to possess in order to be powerful, according to you?

Power can be interpeted by various attributes, such as a focused intellegence in the eyes, the posture posed, the motive which empowers the woman, and or a solid reasoning behind their actions. Confidence is a result of these attributes and it shows in physical behaviors.


________________________________________________________
RESPONSE 3
Female Responce
Age: 32
Job/Career Title: Physician

1. What does "sexy" mean to you? Not with regards to a man, but to yourself.

I can only answer this by thinking back to a time that I felt most sexy. The things that I think that allowed me to feel that way were confidence (I was in a secure place, professionally and personally), a feeling of physical strength and health (I was taking care of myself) and being willing to try new things and take risks (which is much easier when you feel confident and fit).

2. What characteristics should a woman possess in order to be considered a powerful woman, according to you?

Ironically, I do associate many of the same characteristics I mentioned above with power also ... confidence, strength, courage. But power also brings with it a higher sense of control and ability to influence others. I certainly associate powerful women with strong personalities and accomplished careers. A powerful woman commands respect just by the way she carries herself. At least that's what I think ... :)








:|

2 comments:

John said...

I limited it to women only because i feel that if we take a moment and look around at the planet, its clear what men think.

The one sided assumption here sounds a lot like a statement that would come from a friend who is no longer with us. You might want to rethink your reasoning behind this.

Otherwise, it's an interesting idea

Nia said...

I agree, and thats my problem with this whole idea. assumptions. I was afraid of sounding like that.

And im trying to put aside my bitterness. I really am.

I think the key difference between her and I is that she made assumptions based on what she had no experience in, I make assumptions based on what ive seen with my own eyes. i also feel that my inability to distinguish the "reality" and "fantasy" lines is hindering my ability to make anything right now.

Not sure how to handle that.
thx for the comment, friend.