1. Describe and discuss the advantages of using deadpan, specific to my current work and comment on the idea detachment and non bias.
One problem facing my work is a one sided slap in the face regarding my feelings toward the industry. I feel that by approaching my idea from a straight on angle, this will lend itself more to the idea of a document, so that my viewer isn’t spoon fed all information. I could use the same or similar subject matter, presenting it as evidence or specimens so that my viewer can draw their own conclusions and assign mood based on what they feel, not me. The subtly and non invasive quality of the lens position will cause the viewer to focus more on themselves and their thoughts regarding my starter information, rather than the “me, LITERALLY, looking down on you” situation, in which, my feelings toward my viewer or idea are blatantly obvious. There is a level of detachment achieved, while still making a statement (this is the subject matter).
2. How could this help/hinder the video/photo making process in relation to the concepts of conflicting psyche that I am already working with?
One reservation I have about shooting in this way, is not having the space to scream my personal opinions and anger regarding mental conflict having to do with the “Why do you do these things to yourself?” question. This makes me sad. However, I do understand that I, personally, do not like to be told anything, that I would rather come to a conclusion myself. This is what I need to do for my viewer. I feel that if I attempted to shoot this way for too long, I would be bored because the work isn’t screaming. It would be a great help if I could figure out a way to still scream, to present a conflicting psyche, and confusion, in a non bias composition that feels physically disconnected but has the emotional connection that I already have in my work? Still composition will never reflect my inner hamster wheel.
No comments:
Post a Comment