So far, only 4...
Being in a performance, I am no longer merely the contemporary me. I am part of an image that refers to character, types and icons.
-Line Rosenvinge, model
Beecroft, Vanessa. VB53. Florence: Fondazion Pitti Immagine Discovery, 2004.
The online life of today's user is full of diverse attractions, and yet it follows very strict standards. It is disciplined and formalized.
- Olia Lialina
Lialina, Olia. "Vernacular Web 2.0." 2007 pages n/a. 9 Mar 2009
The term “subject matter” in relation to art is something I’ve never understood. People often ask me about subject matter and expect a one word answer. Such questions miss the point. My subjects are amorphous and overlapping. It’s the subjects that choose me, not the other way around.
-Pippilotti Rist
Phelan, Peggy. Pippilotti Rist. 1. New York : Phaidon Press, 2001.
If there is anyone who knows that gender is a performance, it is precisely the stripper, especially the lesbian stripper who acts out heterosexual hyperfemininity to her clients. Gender is literally something that the dancer creates and puts on with every shift.
-Catherine M. Roach
Roach, Catherine M. Stripping, Sex, and Popular Culture. 1. New York: Berg, 2004.
I need to get a Danah Boyd quote and one more about power, but im struggling right at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment